- UNDP Pakistan partners with Startup Fori Mazdoori to connect millions of youth under Kamyab Jawan Programme
- Won the Best Startup Award at Startup Expo Islamabad, runners-up for the Innovation Award by the Pakistan Innovation Fund, and included in the ‘Top 15 startups of Europe and Asia at Startup Istanbul.
- Accelerated by peace tech accelerator at United States Institute of Peace in washington DC- 2018
- Fori now also has a sister company in US and has been well appreciated across international and national media such as US News and Tech in Asia. They were also featured by GSMA.
‘Fori Mazdoori’s acceleration with Telenor Velocity played a major role in establishing our startup’s potential towards scale. As we continue scaling up, Fori is gradually becoming available at all major retailers including Easy-Paisa across Pakistan”
Musstansero – Fori Mazduri
“Telenor Velocity helped us streamline and grow our operations through partnerships in the Telenor ecosystem. Most visibly, we were able to shift all of our payments from cash to mobile money, due to the support of the technology and distribution teams from Telenor.”
Jeremy – ecoenergy
- EcoEnergy Secures $600,000 Investment from SIMA Funds (2018)
- raised $500k USD in its seed round 1 in 2017 from international investor
- received grants from GSMA and National Geographic totaling $100,000.
- EcoEnergy Secures $600,000 Investment from SIMA Funds in 2018.
- BBOXX invested US$200,000 in EcoEnergy in 2017
- Won 30,000$ grant capital by USIP and implemented Shanakht – a project where we used story telling to promote peace
- Won SDG boot camp by UNDP and represented Pakistan in Vietnam as national winner for Youth CoLab Innovation Summit
- Won 2nd prize globally in Asia Pacific Youth Exchange Thailand 2019, a two weeks local immersion program.
- Having won country ambassador ship of APYE Thailand, we are the Pakistan’s first brand who are taking a delegate to appear Thailand 2020. We plan to bring this program to Pakistan next year in Aug2020 to promote tourism and strengthen local economy.
Daastan got their first ever industry project through Velocity. Furthermore, we observed a considerable increase in signups and inbound queries because of SMS marketing. A great blend of mentors and a helpful team accelerates your growth.
Ommer amir – daastan
“Telenor Velocity assisted us in scaling our startup through innovative program offerings such as SMS marketing campaigns. With the help these campaigns, we executed two exclusive deals generating orders worth over 1.4 million rupees.”
usama – shopsy
- Sybrid Invested in Shopsy Search Engine in 2019
- Got equity free grant of worth $35,000 by Start-up Chile
- Winner of Kiet Oslo Start-up Challenge and participant of one month special program in Oslo
- Won the Telenor digital winner Asia award with NOK 100,000 grant
- Got $100,000 equity free grant by Hot DesQ Australia
Telenor Velocity has been Instrumental in Micropower Labs’s Global presence, we were provided opportunity to represent Pakistan and bring home Digital Winners Asia award, along with Marketing and sales support to launch our product at Telenor’s Business units in Sweden.the journey with Telenor has been full of excitement and learning opportunities.
abdullah somroo- MP labs
“Telenor Velocity truly accelerated our go-to market plan. Thousands of customers and intermediary re-sellers approached us with interest to purchase our innovative solar energy product as a result of the massive SMS campaign ran by Telenor. We enjoyed conversion rates higher than the industry average. We also enjoy high word-of-mouth marketing from our existing customers and retail partners.”
Jasim – Pakshine
- Sale of over 200 units with less than 3% units getting a warranty claim within the 12 months warranty period.
- Ass. Laureate Award for Enterprise by Rolex Awards 2019
- 25 e- clinics across Pakistan providing health care to 100,000 plus people.
- Our mobile application designed to cater the health needs of any smart phone user in Pakistan in less than three clicks.
- First ever recipient of the GSMA innovation accelerator fund from Pakistan.
- First ever frontier innovators from Pakistan.
I and my co-founder Dr. Iffat Zafar Aga-Co- Founders of Sehat Kahani ( Previous Co-founders of doctHERs) became a part of the very first Telenor Accelerator cohort in the very nascent part of our entrepreneurial journey. At the Telenor Velocity program we got exposed to key entrepreneurial concepts such a Leadership Development, Business/financial modelling and market- product fit, learning from industry leaders such as Khurram Zafar and many others.We also learned to create products with a leading telecom that can ultimately create value for the end user.The complexities of a startup – corporate partnerships were made easy being a part of Telenor’s Velocity program.We hope to bring this knowledge and learnings into action by creating health product in collaboration with Telenor that can create long term health impact for the people of our country. It was an honour and pleasure for us to be a part of this journey!
Dr sarah – sehatkahani
Telenor velocity helped us to pivot our business model. We are now successfully generating revenue via our medicine delivery service.
Fawad Khan – Paakhealth
- Raised 2 million ruppess from KP impact Challenge Fund program